7 Exercises to Keep Holiday Weight Off While Traveling
- When to Choose a Medicine Ball or a Slam Ball
- 30 Minute Medicine Ball Ab Workout (15 min. Option Available)
- How Long Will Resistance Bands Last?
- ProsourceFit Givz Back in a New Way
- Kettlebells vs. Dumbbells - Which One is Right for You?
- 13 Kettlebell Swing Variations From Beginner to Advanced
- The Benefits of Jumping Rope
- Must-Have Gym Equipment for Your New Years Resolutions
- Holiday Gift Guide for Fitness & Health
- Best Stretching Exercises for Your Back
- Improve Your Baseball Game with these 11 Agility Ladder Drills
- Soccer Ladder Drills For Faster Footwork & Precision
- 7 Standing Ab Exercises That Will Strengthen Your Core
- Mom-Selected and Mom-Approved Fitness Gear
- Build Your Own CrossFit Box Without Breaking The Bank
- #MyProsourceFit Photo Contest Official Rules 2021
- #CoupleGoals Social Media Contest Official Rules 2021
- 15 Couple Exercises for a Fit Valentine’s Day Date!
- Fitness Goals – 11 Tips to Stay on Track
- 10-Minute HIIT Workout to Burn Thanksgiving Calories
There’s temptation everywhere with drinks, food and having a few holiday cookies at a party or family gathering. Luckily staying healthy and fit over the holidays is possible (and easy), as long as you plan ahead!
Here are seven types of exercises you can do anytime, whether you’re staying at a family member's house and there isn’t much space, or just don’t want to go running in the cold.
A fantastic way to work your core without needing a ton of space. By starting in a plank position and lifting your glutes to the sky, you can tighten, tone and burn some holiday fat. Use core sliders to make this move attainable on hardwood floor or carpet so that you can get a workout that meets your needs.
A great cardio burn while tightening your core and legs. Use with core sliders for a few sets in between planks, or doing crunches indoors. You’ll get your cardio fix without having to brave the cold weather.
Lunges and squats
Perfect for tightening and toning your legs when space is limited. You can intensity the move by holding something heavy with your arms extended in front of you or above your head. If you really want to increase the holiday calorie burn, raise and lower the weighted object in your hands for a full body workout.
Resistance bands bring a full-body punch! You can use them for bicep and tricep curls, sculpt with leg extensions or for rows to workout all areas of your body. Even better, they can be carried in a purse or backpack!
Not only good for weight maintenance, the stretching and calming nature of this exercise may help alleviate holiday stress. Go to YouTube for plenty of routines that match your skill level or try these poses to energize lazy mornings
Perfect way to tighten your core and also break a sweat. You only need a space long enough for you to lay down. This makes it an ideal way to keep holiday weight gain in check. Want more challenge? Use a weighted body vest to torch extra calories!
Ideal for hotel rooms or tight spaces. Use the edge of your bed to do tricep dips, and lay with your legs off the end of the bed for leg lifts. Flutter kicks are also a great way to get your heart rate up after you finish your leg lifts.
Now you can enjoy the holidays with a glass of wine, cookie and whatever else you enjoy when celebrating. Just make sure you plan your workouts ahead of time to avoid holiday weight gain. The seven exercises are a great starting point to stick to your fitness regimen over the holiday, so you can be ready for a kick-ass new year!