St Patrick's Day Cleanse: 10 Exercises to Detox
- When to Choose a Medicine Ball or a Slam Ball
- 30 Minute Medicine Ball Ab Workout (15 min. Option Available)
- How Long Will Resistance Bands Last?
- ProsourceFit Givz Back in a New Way
- Kettlebells vs. Dumbbells - Which One is Right for You?
- 13 Kettlebell Swing Variations From Beginner to Advanced
- The Benefits of Jumping Rope
- Must-Have Gym Equipment for Your New Years Resolutions
- Holiday Gift Guide for Fitness & Health
- Best Stretching Exercises for Your Back
- Improve Your Baseball Game with these 11 Agility Ladder Drills
- Soccer Ladder Drills For Faster Footwork & Precision
- 7 Standing Ab Exercises That Will Strengthen Your Core
- Mom-Selected and Mom-Approved Fitness Gear
- Build Your Own CrossFit Box Without Breaking The Bank
- #MyProsourceFit Photo Contest Official Rules 2021
- #CoupleGoals Social Media Contest Official Rules 2021
- 15 Couple Exercises for a Fit Valentine’s Day Date!
- Fitness Goals – 11 Tips to Stay on Track
- 10-Minute HIIT Workout to Burn Thanksgiving Calories
St Patrick's Day Cleanse: 10 Exercises to Detox
With March closing in, it's time to get in shape not only for Spring but recovering from St. Patrick’s Day's high calorie celebrations. Detox and strengthen with this full body St. Patrick’s Day workout is perfect to do before and after the holiday shenanigans so you can have fun with less calorie guilt and feel good !
10 Exercises for a St Patrick's Day Cleanse and Detox
4 Leaf Clover Plank (5 rounds)
Start in a plank position on your forearms and your toes.
- Extend your right arm forward and make the shape of clover leaf. Place it back down.
- Lift your right leg up and say “four leaf clover” four times. Place it back down.
- Extend your left arm forward make the shape of a clover leaf. Place it back down.
- Life your left leg up and say “four leaf clover” four times. Place it back down.
Arm Shamrocks (3 rounds of 5)
- Extend your arms straight out to the sides while holding a light weight dumbbell, so they are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly start to make shamrocks with each outstretched arm.
- Lower your arm back to your side and repeat
Rainbow Twists (3 rounds of 20 on each side)
- Start in a seated position on a bench, feet flat on the floor, and hold a slam ball in front of you.
- Twist the ball to the left and slam to the ground.
- Catch the ball, lift over your head (in the shape of a rainbow), and twist to the right.
- Slam the ball to the ground.
Green Beer Curls (3 rounds of 5 on each side)
These hammer curls get your arms in shape for drinking green beers on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Stand up with a dumbbell in each hand at a 90 degree angle. (Your palms should be facing torso inward, image holding a glass of beer!)
- Slowly bend your elbow until the dumbbell almost touches your shoulder.
- Hold and squeeze for 5 seconds.
- Slowly straighten your arm to lower the dumbbell to the starting position.
Bar Reaches (3 rounds of 10 on each side)
You may employ this bear crawl exercise at the end of a long night! Use the resistance bands to add tension to your arms and gravity to work your legs.
- Start on your hands and feet with your knees bent.
- Using a large loop or tube resistance band with handles, loop it around something sturdy or anchored and hold one handle or side of each loop in each hand. If you don’t have an anchor, you can use your thigh or leg to anchor (this is a bonus because it adds more tension to the leg workout).
- Start a crawling movement forward on your hands and feet.
- Your left leg lifts up when your right arm reaches forward and hold for 5 seconds.
- Now switch sides
Pulling Up Clovers (bent over rows) (3 rounds of 10)
- Choose a flat bench and place a dumbbell on each side of it.
- Place your right hand and knee on the bench for support.
- Use your left hand to pick up the dumbbell from the floor.
- Pull the dumbbell straight up to the side of your chest keeping your upper arm close to your side to form 90 degrees.
- Lower the dumbbell back to the starting position
- Repeat with right side.
Hip Bridges With Alternating Leg Shamrocks (3 rounds of 10)
- Place a resistance band just above your knees.
- Lie on your back with your hands at your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on floor.
- Lift your hips a few inches off the floor and extend your right leg until it's straight up. Have your leg make the shamrock shape.
- Return your right leg to starting position.
- Bring your hips back down to the floor.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Pot Of Gold Running Drill (3 sets of 5 runs, increase based on size of your yard or gym)
- Set up three to six kettlebells (pots of gold) about 6 yards apart, with an additional marker serving as your start/finish line.
- Begin at the starting line and sprint to the first pot of gold.
- Touch the pot of gold with your hand and then sprint back to the starting line.
- Sprint to the second pot of gold immediately; touch the second pot of gold and sprint back to the starting line.
- Continue the pattern until you have run to all of the pots of gold!
Rock and Roll Blarney Stones (3 rounds of 10)
- Lie down with knees bent.
- Hold a medicine ball (blarney stone) on the ground with arms fully extended overhead.
- Pull your knees into your chest, rolling forward and up into a controlled squat position.
- Lower back into a squat.
- Ease back to the floor, bottom first, and lay back down.
Enjoy this lucky Shamrock Shape-Up! You should be ready for whatever comes your way on St. Patrick’s Day with this workout and the luck of the Irish.