Whether it's St. Patrick's Day or Football season, if you're looking to keep fit while enjoying a cold one, we've got a solution for you! Beer yoga!
Below you'll find a helpful infographic featuring yoga poses you can do with a beer and how to do each of the ten beer yoga poses.
If you have a friend who could benefit, share this on social media and if you know a pose that is missing, leave it in the comments below.
10 Beer Yoga Poses
Reach for Your Beer Pose:
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart and your arms at your sides.
- Exhale as you step your feet 4-5 feet wide apart.
- Turn your right foot out 90 degrees, and pivot your left foot slightly inwards.
- Raise your arms to the side to so they’re parallel to the floor and grab your beer.
- As you sip, bend your front knee.
Who Let the Dogs Stout Pose
- Balance your body onto your knees and wrists so that you are in the shape of a table.
- Gently lift your knees upwards, and stretch your arms forward.
- Lift your knees as high as you can, and you should be in an inverted 7 position.
- Push your butt back as far as you can and hold for 20 seconds.
- Release and take a drink from your beer that’s on the floor (hopefully with a straw!).
Gueuzical Chairs Pose:
- Exhale and bend your knees while keeping your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Raise your one arm perpendicular to the floor while chugging your beer with the other.
- When you are done with your beer, the chair pose is over!
Barrel Aged Monkeys Pose:
- Extend your right leg in front of you and lean your torso forward.
- Straighten your right leg and press your heel forward. (If your front leg does not reach the floor, you can put a yoga block underneath your hamstring.)
- At the same time, slide your left knee back and bring your torso upright. (If your pelvis does not reach the floor, you can use a yoga bolster underneath your pelvis. You can also use a yoga block to help hold your torso upright.)
- Place your hands at your chest and enjoy a drink. You deserve it if you can get into this monkey pose!
In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lambic Pose:
- From a seated position, put your hips on your heels.
- Rest the palms of your hands on your knees.
- As you exhale, place the palms of your hands in front of you (in front of your knees) and arch your spine.
- Instead of roaring like a lion, enjoy some of your beer as your hold this lion pose.
Enjoying My Beer Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended and your arms resting at your sides with a beer in one hand.
- Bend your right knee and bring the lower leg up into a cradle.
- Bend the left knee, turn the leg out, and swing the leg across in front of your torso.
- Pick the right leg up off the floor, and lift the left leg in front of the right.
- As you relax and hold this traditional lotus pose, enjoy sipping your beer with your open hands.
Lord Of The Beers Pose:
- Shift your weight onto your right foot, and lift your left heel toward your left buttock as you bend at the knee.
- Reach back with your left hand and grasp the outside of your left foot or ankle.
- Lift your left foot up away from your torso.
- Stretch your right arm forward and balance your beer for 20-30 seconds.
Losing My Beer Belly Pose:
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you.
- Lift your feet off the floor at a 45 degree angle and stretch your arms out.
- Now, you can either balance your beer in between your feet or your hands.
Hold My Beer Pose:
- Squat and press your elbows against your inner knees.
- Bring your palms together and hold your beer in between your pressed palms.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
The “I Drank Too Many Beers” Pose
End your workout with the corpse pose!
- Lie down on your back and let your arms and legs drop open.
- Close your eyes, take slow deep breaths, and relax.
Congrats, you've made it through beer yoga! Now share this on Facebook or your favorite social media site and tag a friend who would enjoy this workout.
ProsourceFit Blogging Team
What do you think?
ProsourceFit Blogging Team