A Heart Pumping Full Body Workout For Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and whether you’re single or taken, going out for a night on the town or to a romantic dinner, this fun and fast workout will help you get in the mood.
Easy Exercises to Feel the love this V-day
This workout includes these fun heart pumping exercises:
- Love is in the Core
- Hearts That “Fly”
- Lovely Legs
Love is in the Core (3 sets of 10 reps)
This core movement is easy and perfectly themed. You will need knee pads or a mat and two core sliders.
- Place your knees on the pad and one hand on each disc
- Put pressure onto your hands and push them upwards and outwards to create a heart shaped curve with a full extension at the top and then pull back so your core is engaged and your hands meet in the middle
- Now do the reverse heart shape and pull them back to your knees
Hearts That “Fly” (3 sets of 10 reps)
This is a modified version of a chest fly. You’ll need dumbbells or a kettlebell.
- Start in a standing position or in a lunge.
- Hold one dumbbell or kettlebell in each hand by your hips
- Slowly extend your arms slowly and controlled forward and upward at a 90-degree angle so they sweep out in a heart shape and have them meet in the middle.
- If you’re advanced, you can hold for 5 seconds and then retrace the heart shape backwards
Lovely Legs (3 rounds of 5 on each leg)
For this heart pumping exercise, you’ll need to have resistance bands that can be anchored, or a weight machine with a loop attachment for your ankles.
- Secure the resistance band to something stable or connect the loop to your leg and set the correct weight amount on the machine.
- Facing the machine or the anchor, swipe your leg in a half heart shape to the side and back, then bring it in.
- Turn 45 degrees to face outwards and retrace the half heart.
- Now turn another 45 degrees to face the opposite direction and finish the heart by moving your leg forward and doing the other half of the heart.
- Once you’ve completed 5 rounds, change legs and repeat.
There’s no reason to sacrifice a decadent dessert on this special day because you didn’t get a workout in. The options above can help you burn calories so you can enjoy Valentine’s whichever way you choose.
What do you think?