7 Resistance Band Workouts to do on Vacation
Even if you are on vacation, your workouts don’t have to suffer! You can still get a full body workout from your hotel room, on the beach or even under the sun by bringing your own portable resistance bands.
Workout bands are easy to travel with, don’t take up a lot of room, and seamlessly pass through TSA checkpoints, making them your perfect go-to for travel exercise. Here are 7 fun vacation themed workouts using loop resistance bands or resistance tubes with handles to keep you in vacay-mode as you indulge!
Walk on a Beach
This exercise works your outer thigh and butt just like taking a nice and relaxing walk along the water.
- Start by squatting with a loop resistance band around both of your legs above the knee.
- Step one leg out to the front diagonally widening the space between your feet.
- Step the other leg forward diagonally narrowing the space between your feet.
Around The World
Your core will never feel the same.
- Lie face up with your arms extended over your head with a loop resistance band around your wrists.
- Lift your shoulders and legs off the floor (imagine holding the world between your arms and legs) and use your core to roll your body to the right keeping arms extended. (Your biceps should be next to your ears.) When you reach the starting position, roll back to the left.
The glutes get quite the workout here.
- Loop a resistance band around both thighs just above your knees.
- Lie on your right side with your feet and hips stacked. Bend your knees 90 degrees and rest your head on your right arm.
- Draw your knees in toward your body until your feet are in line with your butt.
- Raise your left knee as far as you can without lifting your right knee off the floor (like a clam).
- Hold for 1 second and repeat.
- Now flip and do this on the other side.
Lateral Crab Walk
Once you finish this, you may want to find a competitive crustacean and have a race.
- Loop a resistance band around your ankles and stand with your feet hip width apart in a squat position.
- Take 10-20 small steps to the right.
- Stay facing the same way and take small steps to the left to return to the start.
This is a great way to work both your upper and lower abs!
- Lay on your back and loop the resistance band around the balls of your feet.
- Place your hands behind your head and your legs up to a table position.
- Extend your left leg out straight to 45 degrees, stretching the resistance band while bringing your left elbow to your right knee.
- Switch your legs and bring your right elbow to your left knee.
- Continue bicycling your legs.
Surfing Paddle (Lat) Pulls
Your lats, shoulders, triceps, core, low back, and glutes will thank you after this!
Attach a medium-heavy tube resistance band with handles to a door anchor.
- Bend forward at a 45° angle.
- Grab the resistance band with both hands.
- With straight arms, pull the band along the sides of your body as far as you can (if you can, end with your hand just past your hips.)
- Return the resistance band using straight arms. Repeat.
You will use your calves, quadriceps, glutes, and upper back with this fun movement.
- Place the loop resistance band around your ankles.
- Stand in a shallow squat position with your feet about hip-width apart, hands at your chest.
- Jump your feet out and in for 10 – 20 reps (depending on your fitness level).
Bonus – you can add in hand movements from a jumping jack to up the intensity and work your arms too.
This full body workout will help keep you fit on vacation and allow you to enjoy yourself with no calorie guilt.
What do you think?